Jacqui Hart is an oil painter based in Hamilton who grew up in the Auckland and Waikato regions.
At high school she studied Art & Art History where she discovered the work of the Old Masters, and the Pre-Raphaelites, amongst others, and their painting styles & techniques. However, it wasn’t until her children were grown and had left home in 2012 that Jacqui found the time and space to set up a home studio where she could develop her artistic skills & reconnect with her creative passions.
Jacqui enrolled in a local night class which gave her an introduction to oil painting, but it wasn’t until she came across the work and teaching of American realist artist Mark Carder (DrawMixPaint.com) that her painting went to a whole new level. Jacqui has also been influenced by the work of contemporary artists David Jon Kassan, Renana Termechi & Mary Jane Ansell.
Jacqui loves the challenge of portraiture and finds human faces a compelling source of inspiration however she also makes time to paint native NZ birds and flowers because their beauty and colour provides a refreshing counterbalance to the intensity of human portraiture. Jacqui usually paints from photographs as this allows her to work carefully and methodically, enabling her to capture the details of subjects with precision and accuracy.
Jacqui currently sells her original works privately and through NZ galleries & art shops.
- Finalist in the New Zealand Painting and Printmaking Awards 2016
- “A Bold Adventure” Group show, Wallace Gallery, Morrinsville 2017
- “An Artful Mix” Group exhibition, ArtsPost, Hamilton 2018
- NZ Artist Magazine Vol.3 Issue 27 Mar/Apr. 2018
- Dio ArtX Group exhibition, Waikato Diocesan School 2018
- Hilda Ross Art Exhibition, Art Nexus & ArtVenture Group show, Hamilton 2019
- “Visages – Faces of NZ Artists” solo exhibition, ArtsPost, Hamilton Feb.2021
Visit jacquihart.com to view Jacqui’s gallery of works, and for general enquiries and/or commissions, Jacqui can be contacted at firstname.lastname@example.org