A New Zealand worship song is being sung over Ukraine, and you might know it. “Keep on Leading” by Auckland’s Edge Kingsland is a beautiful song of prayer and promise. That prayer to God, and promise from God, is inspiring Ukrainian people in the midst of the war today.
In our recent Winter appeal for Ukraine, we focused on 2 Corinthians 4, supporting FEBC Ukraine to “not lose heart” (verse 1). You contributed to Ukraine so the broadcasts can “set forth the truth plainly” (verse 2).
Please enjoy the NZ worship song in Ukrainian by clicking on the video here (right) or visiting our YouTube Channel @febcnz You can see Dima and Darina from FEBC, play and sing this song of blessing over the nation.
When many people left Mykolaiv in southern Ukraine, Dima & Darina stayed in order to serve the mission and make videos that present the ministry and the needs of the nation. They remain there today and we ask you to remember them personally in your prayers.
We invite you to use this video for your prayers for all peoples affected by the war. You will see several people and situations to pray for specifically:
1. Refugees making their way through the broken cities.
2. Funerals. Moments of grief and sorrow, and times to turn to God for comfort and hope.
3. Picture 7 is Vadim, an army chaplain serving with FEBC to counsel and pray for soldiers, giving them radios and helping them face the chaos of the war. Vadim was killed in the fighting in 2022.
4. Picture 8 is our FEBC Programme Director Maxim and his wife Yulia and daughter Karina. Maxim was drafted into the army as a chaplain earlier this year. Please pray for his wellbeing and return to his family soon. Certainly this is our prayer for all soldiers on all sides, and for an end to this war today.
5. Picture 9 is another FEBC chaplain, Eugene. New Zealand has sponsored Eugene’s ministry of pastoral care to soldiers and their families for several years. Here Eugene is visiting the fighting soldiers and giving out radios, Bibles, and counselling cards. As with Maxim, please pray for his wellbeing, and for great wisdom and compassion as he counsels deeply traumatised people.
To support our broadcasters, counsellors, technicians, programme production and follow-up team, please DONATE today.