Indonesia – Christian Discovery Groups Online
Over 150,000 people make contact with our stations in Indonesia every year. Many are asking for more information, or advice. This is why we established Discovery Groups – opportunities for interested listeners to “meet” and explore Christianity. Many listeners in Indonesia are Muslim background people and while some will have Christian friends or workmates, they are very unlikely to visit a church gathering.
These Discovery Groups make it easier for inquirers to meet in a comfortable and neutral place. Originally we established them in two large cities where we have identified increasing openness to Jesus Christ. These cities are in provinces that are home to over 11 million people! But today, in a world rocked by the Covid Pandemic, we’ve moved our listener gatherings onto Zoom, and now more people are meeting more often, from more places around the nation!
Called “JUMPA” these gatherings are now using Alpha resources to help people explore questions about Life, Faith, and God.
JUMPA is short for Meeting/Jum + Listeners/Pendengar + Alpha.
Listeners join JUMPA from all religious backgrounds, and Zoom allows for participation by distance, discovery of truth, and some anonymity. By supporting this project you are:
- training station staff and volunteers to lead effective small groups online (and in person when the time comes).
- providing resource materials for the groups to interact with, and take away materials for posting to people.
- buying and maintaining the technology infrastructure and tools to host large online gatherings.
- supporting all listeners, including Muslim people, in their search for truth and hope.
- connecting listeners with local Christians and local churches.
FEBC has eight FM stations across Indonesia, and over 100 partner radio stations, in this the world’s largest Muslim population in one country.
“I love everyone who loves me, and I will be found by all who honestly search.”